“What would happen when you forgot your Apple ID password?”
Now, that’s not a dumb question even if your friend, John, tells you that it is a stupid one. To answer your question simply, “You will just lose access to one of the most exclusive and richest ecosystem of applications, games, music, media and other mobile services.”
Forgetting your password shouldn’t be a crime sentenced with a lifetime ban from your Apple device. Luckily, the process of resetting your Apple ID passwords is made simple and should take only a few moments of your time. If you have this dilemma, you may find the following steps quite relieving:
- Head to theofficial Apple ID website for the process starts therein.
- Look for the button that says, ‘Manage your Apple ID’ and you will find another link with the words ‘Reset your password.’ Click on that reset link (obviously).
- Enter your Apple ID as they will ask you of it, and then click ‘Next.’
- Now, this is an optional step in case you’ve forgotten your Apple ID, too. After clicking on the ‘Reset your password’ link, click on the ‘Forgot your Apple ID?’ link. You have to enter your personal details such as first name, last name and primary email. They will send you your ID via your given email address.
- To reset your password, verify your identity through choosing either ‘Email authentication’ or ‘Answer secret question.’
- If you choose the first one (Email authentication), head to your email and log in in case you haven’t logged in yet. Follow the ‘Reset now’ link that you will be receiving by simply clicking on it.
- A pop up page will appear and this should be its URL.Read and follow the rules in making your password and enter it twice. You can use this new password to enter to your Apple device.
- In case you choose security questions, answer them accurately. Read and follow the rules in making your password and enter it twice (just like how you do in Email authentication). Finished!