There may be a situation where you may have to leave the comfortable premises of your home or friendly neighborhood to go trekking into places wherein Wi-Fi can be out of question. How can you check on your mail, Facebook, Twitter and post those marvelous pictures you took via Instagram? Yes, there may be things such as pocket Wi-Fi but if you have your iPhone device—specifically, the one powered by the latest iOS9—then scratch pocket Wi-Fi ‘cause you already have what you need for your adventure.
Warning: Of course, common sense tells you that you should have unlimited data plan on your iPhone device. If you have limited data plan, it is best for to set up limitations first before doing this hot-spot set up. Big downloads like movie downloading can eat up a huge amount of data and may result into expensive charges.
For those who have iOS 8 running in their devices, you can follow the directions herein as well. This remains true to those who also own the following devices:
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- iPad Pro
- iPad 2 and later
- iPod touch 5th generation
- Head to Settings>> Cellular>> Cellular Data Network>> Personal Hotspot area wherein you can enter your preferred username and head back to the Settings page.
- When you get back to Settings, you should see another tab named as Personal hotspot. Choose it and switch the mobile hotspot on and off, then change the password, too.
- Once you switch on the toggle, you’re done setting up the hotspot and you should proceed into connect your other devices into your network.
- You can change the password so you can easily remember it.
- Even if you have a gadget of different OS, you can easily connect to your new Wi-Fi network so no worries.