According to a research, almost 70% of 17 million businesses in America functions as sole proprietorships, out of these sole proprietorships are numerous micro-businesses. Pennsylvania is one American state that is micro-business friendly. With Pennsylvania’s easy and no-nonsense aiding for aspiring entrepreneurs, any hardworking and confident individual can be assured of a speedy entry into exposing their chosen craft open for business.
Pennsylvania’s online application in Open for Business website enables hassle-free registration. One should only need the following items before or upon the online registration and follow the given steps:
- Computer or smartphone
- Internet connection
- Business Proposal
- EIN (Employee Identification Number)
- State Tax Numbers (Pennsylvania State)
- Business License
- State the business diagram of your craft business. For more information regarding this, visit or contact Pennsylvania Open for Business website or the Corporate of the Pennsylvania Department of State at telephone no. 717- 787-1057.
- Download the forms in the prescribed format from the Pennsylvania Open for Business official website. The application forms provided is for your actual craft business name registration.
- Acquire EIN (Employee Identification Number) from the official website of IRS. However, if the nature of your business is sole proprietorship without additional employees, just skip this step.
- State the outline of your business proposal including goals, cash flow analysis, income statement, balance sheets and other accounting documents. These documents will greatly help you to avail loan.
- Register tax accounts in Pennsylvania State for your craft business. They will base your taxes with the existing nature of your craft business, number of employees (if applicable). Tax accounts may include sales, employer withholding and unemployment compensation.
- Be in touch with your municipality, city or local government for details in taxing, zoning and license requirements pertaining to your craft business.
- Contact other shops which will closely relate or help to your craft business. If you intend to have a home-based business, be sure to be informed of the procedures under this type of business.
- Know your market and place where you can sell. You can choose with the actual market or online retailing. Do your research in marketing and enjoy growing your business.