Aspiring that ballerina look for a costume party? Or perhaps you just want a creatively dramatic “you” in an ordinarily boring day? Either way, there’s no one hindering you to make your very own non-sew tulle tutu. How could this be possible? Well, it’s rather easy, just follow these directions:
Part One: Prepare the very things you will need.
- 2- 10 yards of tulle (for a voluminous tutu experience)
- 2-4 yards for a child’s tutu
- 5-7 yards for a medium sized tutu
- 8- 10 yards for a large tutu
- ½ inch thick Ribbon (same hue as your tulle)
- Tape measure
Part Two: Doing the actual assembly.
- Bring in your tulle fabric and measure the yards you will need for your project. Refer to “preparation steps” as how to acquire your voluminous tutu.
- To get your waistband, get your ribbon and wrap it around your waistline. Be sure that it sits properly on your waist and is not too tight or too loose. An additional 2ft should be included before finally cutting it.
- Set your tulle fabric on a flat surface or table. Commence cutting strips of tulle about 2-4 inches wide. (Note: If you want a full skirt, use wider strips. For an intricate look, use thinner strips.) Make at least 12 strips of tulle.
- Crease all strips into half.
- Get your ribbon and insert it between the fold of your first tulle strip. Give an allowance of 2 inches at the top (folded part). Intertwine the tail ends of the strip and do a hacking knot. Do this step to the rest of the strips.
- Arrange the knotted strips along the ribbon. When you reach the desired look of your own tutu, tie the two ends of ribbon together. It’s up to you how to accessorize your own tutu to make it look more magical.