Price of school supplies are always on the rise every year. With the cost of tuition and other school-related expenses, the burden can be great. Parents are forced to do serious budgeting for the school supplies which can fetch a couple of hundreds in dollars from your pocket.
To help you with the budgeting, we propose some tips for you to avail if not free, then cheap school supplies. Here’s how you can avail freebies and economical school items:
- Get in touch with your child’s school to know if they have extra supply stocks. Usually, the school allocate a budget for these matters to help their students. Even teachers set aside a portion of their classroom budget to buy extra supplies for those who are in need of them.
- Get in touch with your community to know about organizations who give away free school supplies. Your first cue is your local newspaper or news station. You can also try various universities, churches and charities that have their own programs regarding this matter.
- Watch for free rebate deals to get a number of free school supplies during the months of July and August. Just make sure to submit your rebate so you get your money back. You can take advantage of supplies not on your child’s supply list and put them away for next year.
- As they say, “If you can’t go free, then go cheap.” Watch out for ads and use coupons to take advantage of very good deals. Walmart, Toys R Us, Kmart, Target, Walgreens and Big Lots can give great back-to-school sales.
- Better yet, shop in advance as school supplies can be a lot cheaper than the last-minute shopping rush.