Hi, everyone! This is Parminder Singh and right now, we’re going to talk about an issue that is mostly experienced by High School Graduates nowadays; that is, Rejection. What I’m actually talking here is the issue regarding their rejection from their Dream Schools.
As we all know, getting rejected from your dream school is becoming rampant nowadays, due to the following reasons:
- The number of students that a school can accommodate is rather limited, and:
- Schools must maintain their standards when it comes to admitting students.
Because of these two reasons, difficult screening tests are usually being conducted by the school such as entrance examinations and the like. Some schools actually check their student’s background before deciding whether he or she gets admitted or not. Because of this, High School Students are actually rejected from being admitted to their dream schools.
If you’re a victim or you know someone who is, these are the things that you must do in order to cope up with rejection from your dream school:
- Think things over for at least two days. Well…rejection in any form, whether in love or in school really hurts a lot. However, this doesn’t mean that your life ends here. The truth is, even though your plan didn’t work out the way you want it to be, God has a much better plan for you.
- Take a closer look at other potential schools around you. As we all know, there are many schools out there, and most of them actually want you to become their future alumnus. Even though your dream school had failed to see your potential personal worth, this doesn’t mean that other schools think and feel the same way about you, too.
- Make plans for a mid-year school enrollment. Due to the fact that other students also want to go to your dream school, chances are that your dream school will offer a mid-year school enrollment system. Once the opportunity arises, don’t hesitate to grab it. Those who enrolled at an earlier time have better chances to get themselves admitted.
- Use the gap year system. The gap year system is actually a year off from studying. Due to the fact that most high school graduates want to take some time off, this ‘system’ is a very good idea. Not only will you refresh your mind from studying; this will also make you think whether being in your dream school is worth the wait or not.
The truth is, there’s no such thing as a perfect school in this world. The teacher works in accordance with the pressure that the principal gives him or her while the principal, on the other hand, works in accordance with the pressure of a higher one. Actually, all of this works because of money. In addition to that, their Subject Syllabus is actually useless in your own life, especially the future one. Graduation and having the much-needed Diploma is a very good thing. However, always remember that your own life and success doesn’t merely depend on it. If you really want success that bad, you must work hard for it.