Anna University is responsible for conducting the engineering admissions counselling in Tamil Nadu. Those who are eagerly waiting for the notification can lose their nerves now as Anna University released the notification TNEA 2014.
This notification is for the students who wanted to do their B.E., B.Tech. in Tamil Nadu within the duration 2014-18. The official schedule is also mentioned in the notification or one can even check the official portal for the details like counselling commencing dates, quotas for sports persons, disabled persons, general quota, local and non local quota etc. Some of the important dates to remember for counselling are as follows:-
- Anna University issued the notification inviting the applicants to apply for admission into B.E./ B.Tech colleges on 2.5.2014.
- Issuing of application forms started on 3.5.2014.
- Last date to issue the application form is 27.5.2014 and the same day is the last date to submit the filled application also.
- The random number for the counselling will be assigned on 11-06-2014.
- The much awaited rank list will get published on 16-06-2014.
- Candidates, who are claiming for sport quota reservation, need to attend for the certificate verification in between 13-06-2014 to 16-06-2014 with their original sports certificates. After scrutinizing, sports rank will get published on 17-06-2014.
- Sports counselling will be held (based on the published rank list) for great eminent sport persons between 23-06-2014 to 24-06-2014.
- The counselling for differently abled persons will be conducted on 25-06-2014.
- The general academic counselling will start from 27-06-2014.
- Note that the vocational counselling will be held in between 9th to 20th of July 2014.
- Finally, the academic general counselling will come to an end on 28-07-2014.
For seat allotment details one can visit the official portal. The real time vacancy details also can be seen in the official Anna University website. Note that one can observe the seats as they get filled through the website. For more details or if you are having any doubts in the counselling procedure visit the Anna University website or go through the TNEA 2014 notification.