The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) is an organization for the archaeological research people and for the purpose of protecting the cultural heritage of India. Founded in 1861 under British colonial administration by Sir Alexander Cunningham. ASI declared 3636 monuments to be of national importance under the provisions of the Antiquity and Art Treasure Act 1972. The prime concern of this organization is to maintain the ancient monuments and archaeological sites, especially the important remains of the nation. Also to explore and excavate the National and International sites. This organization gives importance to the valuable things and structures of their ancient people.
The ASI has a wide work force of conservators, trained archaeologists, architects, epigraphist and scientists in conducting research projects through its Museums, Excavation Branches, Prehistory, Epigraphy, Science, Horticultural Branch, Building Survey Project and etc.
Today, the Archaeological Survey of India is now looking qualified and skilled applicants for the position of ASI Conservation Architect/ Assistant Archaeologists. For further information on how to apply, please read the information provided below.
Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) Recruitment 2014
Job Posted: August 28, 2014
Deadline of Application: September 2, 2014
Hiring for Conservation Architect and Assistant Archeologists
For Conservation Architect
– Must have Masters in Conservation
– 10 years of experience in conservation of Mughal Monuments
– Must have knowledge in Historic building material and technique
– Should have experience in documenting and conditioning assessment of historic building
For Assistant Archaeologist
– Must possess a Master’s Degree grade of 55%
– Post graduate diploma in Archaeology from the Institute of Archaeology, ASI
– Must have at least 1 year experience in Archaeology
– Must have experience in documentation
ASI will have a monthly base salary of the following jobs:
- Conservation Architect : Rs. 30,000/-
- Assistant Archaeologist : Rs. 20,000/-
Ways to Apply:
- Interested applicants may visit the official website of ASI which is www.asidelhicircle.in or www.asi.nic
- Look for the application form and have it photocopied for your personal purpose.
- Fill up the application form with the accurate information and if possible with no errors.
- Attach all important documents, certificates and other proof of previous experience. Pass this documents along with your application to the address given below on or before the 2nd day of September.
Delhi Circle, PuratatvaBhawan,
GPO Complex, Block – D, 3rd floor,
INA, New Delhi- 110023