It has been known to the public that Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRC) is currently looking for skillful and brilliant candidates for the job posts Maintainer and Train Operator. Hired candidates will be assigned in Operation and Maintenance Department of BMRCL. Eager jobseekers who want to grab this opportunity are advised to participate in an online application via official website of BMRC. Here are some of the note-worthy details one must know:
Name of Organization : Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation
Maintainer : 350 vacancies
Train Operator : 130 vacancies
Total no. of Vacancies : 480 vacancies
Applicants are required to pay an application fee based on their own category.
- SC/ ST : Rs. 200
- General Merit : Rs. 500
The fee must be paid thru Challan at any nearest branch of SBI (State Bank of India).
Criteria for Eligibility
- Maintainer – Candidates must have passed matriculation and 2 year ITI in related engineering field acquired from a recognized college, university or institution.
- Train Operator – Candidates must have passed matriculation with an equivalent of 3 years diploma in related engineering field acquired from a recognized college, university or institution.
Additional Skills Required:
- Candidates must have competent knowledge of Kannada language (i.e. can read, speak, understand and write in Kannada language)
Age Limitation per Category
- GM Category : 35 years old
- SC/ ST and Cat 1 Category : 40 years old
- Ex- Serviceman Category : 50 years old
Course of Application
- Prerequisite: The applicant must bring his soft copy of latest passport-size photo and signature.
- The applicant must visit the official webpage of BMRC at bmrc.co.in .
- Applicant must look for the ‘Career’ section of at the homepage of BMRC website and select the appropriate link for chosen job post.
- Applicant must fill in the online application form. Accuracy in information about the applicant is a must.
- After filling up the necessary information asked, applicants then can attach/ upload the essential documents that BMRC has required to supply (i.e. recent passport size photo and scanned copy of the applicant’s signature)
- After double checking all the necessary requirements, the applicant can press the ‘submit’ button for processing. It must be noted that the applicant must finish the procedure within the time bracket allotted.
- The applicant must print out his own copy of application and confirmation page for future use.
Crucial Date of Application
- Applicants must apply on or before the 13th day of October, 2014 (6:00 p.m.)
- The date of the Written Examination is on November 23, 2014.
After initial screening, applicants who were deemed eligible will be given the chance to perform the following procedure for their chance to be hired and be a part of BMRC:
- Written Test
- Medical Fitness Test
Hired candidates will be given the following stipend based on their job position:
- Maintainer : Rs. 10, 170 – 18,500
- Train Operator : Rs. 14, 000 – 26, 950