The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), in behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC), will be holding the National Eligibility Test (NET) to determine Eligibility for Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Assistant Professor. The said event will take place on the 28th of December, 2014 all throughout Indian universities and institutions.
NET (National Eligibility Test) will only be given to qualifiers that will be making their applications via online before or on November 15, 2014.
|Last date of Online Application; and |
Commencement of Paying Application Fee Thru Challan
|November 15, 2014|
| Last Date of Submission Of Fee Thru Challan at Any Branch of|
(Syndicate, Canara, ICIC Bank)
|November 18, 2014|
|Last date of Taking Printout of Online Applciation Form, Attendance Slip and Admit Card from the Website||November 19, 2014|
|Last Date of Submission of Requirements (offline method)||November 25, 2014|
|Date of National Eligibility Test (NET)||December 28, 2014|
Details of Examination
- The National Eligibility Test (NET) will be administered at 89 selected coordinating institutions nationwide.
- NET will be handled in 79 subjects.
- The applicant must have accomplished 55% marks in Masters Degree or any of its equivalent examination.
- OBC, SC, ST and PWD applicants must have accomplished at least 50% marks.
- Must have finished, enrolled or will be enrolling for their final year for Masters Degree examination.
- D. holders who had completed their Masters Degree examination by September 19, 1991 will be granted 5% relaxation in total marks (50% t0 55%) for appearing in NET.
- Applicants may appear only on the subject they have achieved based on their post graduation.
- For Junior Research Fellow (JRF) : no more than 28 years old as on December 1, 2012
- For Assistant Professor : no limit required
- NET webpage : http://cbsenet.nic.in/cbsenet/welcome.aspx
- Download PDF Complete Information : http://cbsenet.nic.in/cbsenet/PDF/InformationBulletin.pdf