Considering apples are abundant during autumn season, there are a lot of better ways to give justice to this luscious fruit. One of these promising recipes is Apple Spice Truffles. Here’s the recipe of this mouthwatering dessert or snack that will warm up your hearts in a cool autumn day (or night):
- 2/3 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, defrosted
- 1/3 cup cream, thick
- 12 ounces milk chocolate, chopped into very fine bits
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 12 ounces chocolate candy coating
- 4 graham crackers
- Large mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Cling wrap
- Food processor or rolling pin
- Dipping tools, fork
- Aluminum foil
- Blend the apple juice concentrate and cinnamon stick in a small sauce pan. Put the stove into a medium heat and let the mixture simmer for about 10-15 minutes. The mixture will be ready if it reaches the quantity of an estimated 1/3 of a cup. This measure indicates that the apple juice is already highly concentrated.
- Add the cream to the mixture and boil.
- In a meantime, put your finely chopped chocolate bits into a large bowl.
- When the apple and cream mix already boils, strain it into the bowl of the chopped chocolate bits. Whisk to melt the chocolate bits. Continue to do so until it’s evenly melted and the substance is smooth and shiny. This will serve as your ganache.
- Compress one layer of cling wrap over the ganache. Freeze for 2 hours or until it is ganache is consistent enough to be scooped and rolled.
- When the ganache reaches desired consistency, dust your hands with cocoa powder and make one-inch (or how big you want them to be) balls from this.
- Put back the balls into the fridge. Wait for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a food processor (or rolling pin) crush graham crackers into fine dusts. Also melt chocolate candy coating using your microwave, continuously stirring it every 30 seconds to avoid it getting burn.
- When the coating and truffles are ready, dip truffles into the melted coating using fork or other dipping tools. Put the dipped truffle onto a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil. Immediately sprinkle truffles with ample amount crushed grahams.
- Put into fridge for about 10 minutes.