If you are on a strictly gluten- free diet, you are sometimes having a hard time to find suitable food for your diet. Gluten- free pancakes are somehow not that good in flavor and usually grainy. But this gluten- free pancakes that added by buttermilk will gives your traditional pancakes a twist. Ordinary pancakes are dry but this one has soft and luscious taste you will forever love. If you are one of the gluten- free dieters this recipe will be a perfect recipe for you.
- 1 tablespoon gluten- free baking powder
- 1 ¼ cup gluten- free flour
- 2 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil or vegetable oil will do
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Combine buttermilk, olive oil, vanilla and egg in a mixing bowl. Whisk it continuously to mix it well. Then add the white vinegar and set it aside for about 5 minutes.
- On the other mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients like, gluten- free flour, baking soda, baking powder and cane sugar. Mix thoroughly to blend.
- Pour the mixture of milk, egg, oil and vanilla into the dry ingredients. Whisk the combination until it is fully blended.
- Set the pan and heat it over a medium temperature. Lightly brush the pan with olive or vegetable oil.
- Use a ¼ measuring cup if you want a medium size pancakes or 1/3 measuring cup for a much bigger pancakes.
- Flip and cook the other side of it until it is golden brown.
- Remove the cooked pancake from the pan, and let it cool before serving. You can also add toppings above your gluten- free buttermilk pancakes like fruits or you can add more butter to make it more flavorful.
The preparation and cooking time is approximately 10 minutes.
Now you can enjoy a heavenly and flavorful recipe even if you are a gluten- free diet. Thanks to the buttermilk for making it possible.