Everyone just loves ice cream in season or out of season. It is one favorite of people dealing with emotional pain or stress. This food seems to salve the pain that no medicine or ointment could ever salve. However, as we all know, ice cream can be a health challenge, too, as it contains sugar that is actually not good for our body. Here’s a healthier version of your favorite treat: pumpkin ice cream!
What’s really good about this ice cream is it promotes good health but still caters to the cold, creamy touch that soothes out the emotional aspect of our being. Moreover, you can do pumpkin ice cream in your home, without any ice cream maker! What’s more? You will need only a few ingredients, and within those few are two main ingredients. Only two! So follow these instructions to make your pumpkin ice cream:
- Prepare the ingredients:
- 2 semi-frozen, ripe bananas or an equivalent of I cup mashed ripe bananas
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
(Note: No sugar is included in this recipe. Bananas will be your sweetener here.)
Process that pumpkin ice cream.
- Be sure that your bananas are frozen. In case that you forgot this detail, be sure to put them in your fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Peel the bananas and mash them.
- Put bananas, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and the vanilla inside your food processor. Process all the said ingredients until smooth.
- Place the mixture inside a sterilized container and put it inside your refrigerator for about 15 to 30 minutes.
- You can get the mix when its texture is like that of a smooth ice cream.
- Serve your homemade pumpkin ice cream.