Eggnog plays the significant part as a wonderful and heart-warming beverage enjoyed every Thanks-giving and Christmas season. The dairy-based drink is popular in the countries like USA and Canada. Even though you are not living in those parts, who can refrain you from enjoying eggnog? Just follow this simple guide and you’ll soon be sipping eggnog in no time.
Step One: Prepare the ingredients you will be using for Eggnog.
- A dozen of large eggs
- 4 ½ cups of milk
- 1 ½ pints of heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ cups of sugar ( if you want to use a substitute, then find its ratio for the 1½ cup sugar)
- Nutmeg (ground)
- 3 cups of bourbon (brandy or dark rum can play as option, too)*
Step Two: Acquire the following materials, too.
- Bowls of different sizes (large and medium will be preferable)
- Egg separator
- Your best clear-colored glasses
Step Three: Commence making your Eggnog beverage!
- Using the egg separator, separate the yolks from the white. Just crack the egg and be sure to shoot the yolk at the center-cup of the egg separator. Voila! The yolk is then separated from the albumen. Just ensure that no part of the yolk will be “accidentally” included with the white.
- Using the whisk beat the albumen using medium speed motion. Stop only if you attain the fluffy texture.
- Add ¼ cup sugar and whisk again.
- Put the remaining ¼ cup of sugar into the bowl of yolks and blend the two ingredients well by whisking.
- Incorporate the egg blends by carefully pouring the yolk to the white mix. Keep the frothiness of the white.
- Next, gently pour in the rum but this step can be left out if you’re serving eggnogs to kids.
- Pour in the milk and the first half portion of cream. You can skip this step if you already have rum in eggnog. For much thicker eggnog consistency, put only the half of portion of the allotted milk measurement.
- Whip the remaining part of the cream and gently fold it in the eggnog mix.
- Transfer the all-ready mix in a large punch bowl.
- Put eggnog in your best clear-colored glasses.
- Top eggnog with extra cream and nutmeg sprinkles for an added touch. Serve.