It has been more than a quarter that the Sony Xperia Z1 has been launched in the market and it must have gotten important for the owners to install custom ROMs through rooting the device. Here is a quick guide to root your Xperia Z1.
Let’s get a quick insight of this device of Sony- Xperia Z1. It functions on Quad Core Snapdragon 800 CPU. It has 2GB RAM. It has a 5 inch full HD TFT display and it is water and dust resistant similar to Xperia Z.
Before beginning the rooting process, keep the following points in mind:
- Rooting will nullify your warranty.
- Take a backup of all your data because it would be erased after rooting.
- Charge your phone up to a minimum of 40% to complete the entire process successfully.
- Make sure you are equipped with all the essential drivers of Xperia Z1. If you don’t have them, obtain them from the Sony’s developer website.
Procedure of rooting:
- Download the rooting application. In your phone, go to Settings. Here, you will come across Developers option. Under it, turn on the USB Debugging mode.
- Start the Rooting Application on your system. On the first boot, the application will ask you to close adb.exe; close it. Now connect your device to your system through the USB cable and then again begin the rooting application.
- On the left corner of your device, you will see written that your phone is not rooted. On the right hand side of the screen, you will see a green button; click on it to begin the rooting process and wait till the entire process is completed. You will be notified when the process finishes.
- You now got to click on the green button that would be present at the bottom of your device’s screen. You will receive a confirmation message on your computer’s screen that your Xperia Z1 is now rooted.
Now that your Xperia Z1 is rooted, you can now go ahead and install apps to gain access to the root such as Greenify or you can even choose to install custom ROMs.
Please note that rooting your device might damage it and it is completely your responsibility if you choose to root your Xperia Z1.