Phablets, despite the fact that they can turn heads when they’re fashionably crafted, can be a bit over-bearing to the grasp. Miami’s native smartphone brand, BLU, strives to earn recognition but in the case of their latest model, they might have the shot. Enters Life 8 XL, a phablet with amazingly $130 sticker price.We were pretty much caught up with the price since we’re talking about a US brand here.
Moving on, we can see a mammoth 5.5-inch IPS LCD display which offers 720 x 1280 pixels resolution with 267ppi density. Weighing the ratio of density and the size of screen, we can see that the display lacks the crispness we may be anticipating for extraordinary graphical experience. But we can say that despite the sharpness factor, the projected graphical display is decent enough.
Life 8 XL’s power lies with its MediaTek chipset with octacore CPU clocked at 1.4GHz. It performs with Android Kitkat 4.4 OS (to be updated into Lollipop 5.0), Mali-450 MP4 GPU and 1GB of RAM. A 2920mAh juicer keeps the lights on and your phablet performing.
BLU Life 8 XL was announced last June 12 and was released on June 22.
BLU Life 8 XLSpecifications
- Dimension : 155 x 74.8 x 7.7 mm, 146g
- Display : 5.5” IPS LCD display, 720 x 1280 pixels resolution
- CPU/Chipset :MediaTek MT6592M, 1.4GHz 8-core ARM Cortex –A7
- GPU :Mali-450 MP4
- OS : Android Kitkat 4.4/ Android Lollipop 5.0
- RAM : 1GB
- Storage : (internal) 8GB; (external) up to 64GB via microSD
- Camera : (primary)8MP with dual LED flash; (front) 2MP
- Battery :2920 mAh