For security protection, Samsung put SIM card PIN lock upon boot up of their flagship Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. When you purchase S6 (or S6 Edge) and a new SIM card, you will have to enter your PIN number combination. However, you may find the number combination rather disconcerting and would want to have a familiar sequence.
To have make this easier for you, make sure that you still have your PIN or PUK 1/ 2 codes. These are often acquirable by the package of your SIM card. When you “accidentally” locked yourself, having these information will be a great answer. However, if you are only finding ways to disable or change PIN security lock, these steps should be able to do the trick:
- Head immediately to Settings menu using the drop down notifications bar. Can you see the gear icon at the top right corner of the screen? Tap that one and you can be able to navigate through the Security menu.
- Now, upon entering, scroll down and look for Lock Screen and Security then tap.
- You can navigate further and locate Other Security Settings. From here you’ll be able to get to SIM card lock.
- Tap on Set up SIM card lock and you can enter PIN menu.
- Choose to turn off the PIN security and enter your current PIN combination and it will be disabled.
- IF you want to change the PIN combination, you will still have to enter your old PIN (it’s a must). Enter the your new combination twice and there you go… it’s changed!