Eclipse Juno is a very user finely and useful interface for Java programming. We will make use of Eclipse with Java or Java web application or Android. Those who wish to install Eclipse Juno and configure JDK as run-time environment for Juno; they need to have the Eclipse Juno software and the JDK software. In case you do not have it, you can download it from any website.
When your download is complete, follow the steps for installation of Eclipse Juno. Here is a stepwise guide to install Juno and configure JDK as run-time environment.
- Confirm the version of your Windows, whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit and then accordingly download the Eclipse Juno software. When your download is complete, you need to extract to your hard disk the zip file of Eclipse Juno.
- Now click on the eclipse.exe file in order to run Eclipse on your system.
- A new window will pop up asking for your workspace. You can change the name and even the location of the folder. Eclipse is now ready to be used.
- In the Eclipse Menu bar, click on Windows and then Preferences.
- Click on Java and then Installed JRE in the left panel of Preferences Window.
- Again a new window will open up. This window is your Preferences Window. Click on the add button to add JDK1.7 in order to configure JDK as run-time Environment.
- When you click the add button, a new window opens up which contains three options- Execution Environment Description, Standard 1.1.xV, and Standard VM. You need to choose Standard VM and then click on NEXT.
- A new window opens up which is Add JRE Window. Now click on Directory to surf your JDK directory and then click OK.
- All the Java libraries in your JRE system would be displayed in front of you. you just need to click the FINISH button.
- Now you are back to the Preferences Window. You will notice that by default, JRE file is already selected. You need to change it and select JDK file which is the first option.
- Just click OK.
You have successfully configured JDK as run time environment for Eclipse Juno.