We benefit to the security features of our smartphone devices and that’s one fact we must point out. Yet somehow, having too many security measures can be tad annoying. It’s like you lose the comfort of freedom. It’s almost akin to having a lot of security guards surrounding you during your shopping or chatting with friends.
If you have an iPhone (lucky you) you may find the SIM Pin lock to be a nagging shrew every time you restart or reboot your phone. But who reboots their smartphones, anyway? That’s the question that also points the dilemma. We don’t usually reboot our phones so we tend to forget the pin code for the SIM.
For starters, you must know your PIN or your PUK 1 or 2 codes for the verification. Perform these steps in order to either change or remove the PIN lock for your SIM.
- Go immediately to Settings Menu for this is where we will begin the procedure.
- Scroll down and search for the Phone menu then tap on it.
- Scroll down and look for the SIM PIN menu and enter the SIM pin code.
- Now, you will be given two options—whether to change the security pin of your SIM or completely remove it. Either way, you must know your SIM PIN for verification purpose.
- If you choose changing the PIN, you have to enter the current PIN first and then enter the new one. You’re all done in changing the pin and you can enjoy both the security and comfort of your easily-remembered pin code.