Warning: This is not only intended for Android 5.0 smartphone handlers only. Kitkat versions can also benefit from this article along with the latest android OS mobile handlers. Enjoy the benefits of unlocking the ‘Call’ feature of your Whatsapp application.
If you’re a Whatsapp user, you can understand that the feature have its simple perks like voice messaging and recording. However, for the meantime, the messaging is only limited to text and voice messages. Yup, no audio and video calls this time. However, the team of developers behind our favorite application is already on their course of meeting this need.
Since some of us can’t just wait to voice chat with our friends and loved ones, might as well give this tutorial a try. Anyway, we salutetosunkaya ofxda-developers in providing us the outline on how to crack calls for Whatsapp. Mind you, though, this works on a rooted phone. So follow the steps to unlock the call feature of Whatsapp.
- For Android 5.0 versionand up: We’ll be cracking the Whatsapp code, so you must have a Root Browser or a similar root explorer on your phone. Get the root browser app via Google Play Store or simply go to data/data/com.whatsapp.
- For Android 5.0 version and up: When you’re inside the com.whatsapp folder, go to shared_prefs and locate com.whatsapp_preferences.xml. Tap on it, hold and select to open as a text file.
- For Android 5.0 version and up: Under the options of your root browser’s built-in solution, select your preferred text editor and find the opening tag right at the first part of the code. Find the end-part of the string (<string>) and paste the code, making sure that it ends with closing tag signified with a closing quotation (“).
- For all: Simply save the file by tapping on the floppy disk icon in the editor of the root browser.
- For Android 5.0 version and up:Force stopWhatsapp via Application Manager and restart it.
- For Android 5.0 version and up: Open your Whatsapp again and you will be able to see the new call icon and a slight twist on your interface.
- For Android 4.4 Kitkat and older: Enter a short command via a terminal emulator application. The code is: su am start -n com.whatsapp/com.whatsapp.HomeActivity. The only tough-luck aspect about this is that you need to have someone with Whatsapp call feature call you. Good thing that tosunkaya who shared the guideline about this is all accepting requests to give you what you need. Accept the call at least for two minutes and then hang up.