One of the perks in having a cool Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge is having your physical Home button turned into a cameral application shortcut. You may ask if this feature is also available to other Android smartphones and the answer is a resounding ‘yes.’ But to tell you straight-away, it may not have an agile response just how Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge do the trick.
Scratch good old Gingerbread from the list of Android OS versions and you’re good to go. All you have to do is to download the application Home2 Shortcut and everything will be done accordingly. Note that this doesn’t only apply for Camera app shortcut but for other app shortcuts as well. Way cooler about Home2 Shortcut function is that you don’t need to root your android handset.
- Firstly, you must download Home2 Shortcut from Google Play Store through this link. Install and launch the app before we can do anything further about it.
- In assigning the Home key as a shortcut to the Camera app, tap on ‘Choose Application,’ choose Camera, and then hit ‘OK.’
- Adjust the tempo in tapping the home button. Scroll down and find ‘Step 2,’ tap the ‘Normal’ drop down menu and select the speed you want.
- Scroll along and the next stop is ‘Step 3’ (obviously) for the crucial settings. Tap on ‘Choose Home Application’ and select the launcher you are presently using.
- Finally, on ‘Step 4,’ tap Close and the Android will ask you to select an application to finalize the execution. In this part, choose ‘Home2 Shortcut’ and when the system asks you how frequently you’ll use ‘Home2 Shortcut’ (selection between Just One and Always), choose ‘Always’ and you’re all set. Check if the application works for your system and enjoy the benefit.