Facebook Messenger is an independent app designed and released by Facebook itself to better connect with our loved ones and friends. While it is debatably a great application, one can’t help but appreciate the free help from the social networking in giving free communication. The downside, though, is when you get tremendous attention from your Facebook friends and the insistent popping of notification gets your focus away from work. Could it be possible for you to mute the noise but still get the alarm notifications you need for important emails or messages?
Although Android devices have their own concept in muting notifications, iOS gives its own twist particularly in iPhone 6 and 6 Plus devices. Are the steps applicable with the earlier versions of iOS as well? Since they cater to the latest version, it is also expected to work on—especially—with the earlier versions.
Just follow these steps and gain the peace you longingly need:
- Prompting first things first, open your Facebook Messenger app.
- Choose the conversation you want to mute and open it.
- At the very top of the page, you can see the Information button sign which is depicted as a small letter “i” inside a circle then click on it.
- You will be given the dropdown menu selection with the option for muting the conversation.
- You will be given further options of the time period you want to mute the selected conversation and you’re finished!