In the smartphone industry, midrange sets are getting more interesting with each passing year. With this one piece of fact in mind, the Chinese Huawei set their P- and G-families to cater consumers with demands for premium specs, elegant exterior and affordable price. These said qualities are seen in the very essence of Huawei G8, a richly featured handset offered in two flavors: 2GB-16GB ($370) and 3GB-32GB ($434). They also come in three elegant, albeit generic skin colors—black, white and gold.
G8 sports the fashionable fingerprint scanner situated just below the rear-facing snapper, allowing better security and instant access for its users. Its Snapdragon 615 SoC with octacore processor supports the latest 4G LTE for fast internet connectivity and currently runs with Android Lollipop OS. However, the Chinese brand promises to upgrade the operating system to the latest Marshmallow for the users to enjoy in the near future.
Consumers who are partial to premium, solid feel will find G8 appealing with its 90% metal body. Bezels are present but the 5.5-inch FHD display ensures satisfactory experience for interface.
Meanwhile, further info about the specs are detailed below:
- Body : 152 x 76.5 x 7.5 mm, 167g
- Display : 5.5″ FullHD IPS LCD, 1080×1920 pixels resolution, 401 ppi
- OS : Android Lollipop 5.1 (soon to be upgraded into Marshmallow) + Emotion UI 3.1
- Chipset/ CPU : Snapdragon 615, Octacore processor (1.5GHz quadcore + 1.2GHz quadcore)
- GPU : Adreno 405
- RAM : 2GB/ 3GB
- Storage : 16GB/ 32GB + expansion of up to 64GB via microSD
- Camera : 13MP primary with dual-tone LED flash, 5MP front
- Battery : 3,000 mAh