Rumors surrounding Huawei Mate 8 included its release on November 26. And after months of silence, Huawei finally confirms the launching of the said phablet on that very date. According to the reports invites have already been propagated to the press.
Mate 8 marks the flagship place of Huawei for the year 2015. It is a high-end phone that also signals the reign of the latest Kirin 905 SoC. The phablet also scored an outstanding score of 89630 on AnTuTu, which also ranks as #1 on AnTuTu up to date.
A Chinese source says that Mate 8 sports a premium all-metal body with impressively anorexic bezel surrounding its WQHD 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution display. It is also offered in two variants: the 3GB RAM/32GB ROM and the 4GB RAM/ 64GB ROM. Color selection includes Obsidian black, Amber gold and Moonlight silver. While it is not yet confirmed, the phablet is said to feature a fingerprint sensor and Cat.6 LTE service.
Other specifications are as follows with the 3GB RAM is priced at $520 and the 4GB RAM at $610.
- Display : 6.0” IPS LCD, 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution, 490ppi
- OS : Android Marshmallow 6.0 + Emotion UI 4.0
- Chipset/ CPU : 64-bit HiSilicon Kirin 950, 2.0GHz quadcore + 2.4 quadcore (Octacore) CPU
- GPU : Mali-T880 MP4
- RAM : 3GB/ 4GB
- Storage : 32GB/ 64GB + expansion of up to 128GB via microSD
- Camera : 20.7MP primary with dual LED, dual tone flash, 8MP
- Battery : 4,100 mAh, non-removable