Chinese mobile producer, Huawei, had already provided a sneek-peak to their latest pride of a phablet in the skinny body of MediaPad X2. Having a glimpse of this classy and near borderless device, one can’t help but to stand in awe. With a mere 7.3mm thickness, it is pronounced to be the world’s slimmest phablet as of today.
Displaying a 7-inch LTPS LCD screen of 1200×1920 pixels resolution and 178-degree of viewing angles, MediaPad X2 assures an extraordinary interaction between handler and device. It is offered in two variants with the first having 16GB native storage and 2GB RAM; and the other one with 32GB internal memory and 3GB RAM. Both will be given the opportunity to expand storage through a microSD slot that can hold up to 128GB microSD.
Underneath the exterior runs the Octacore 64-bit Hisilicon Kirin that clocks at 2.0GHz and Google Lollipop OS. Graphical experience will be intensified with the help of Mali-T628.The phablet also features 13MP rear camera and 5MP front selfie snapper, promising instant and quality snaps which can be shared via social media through 4G LTE connectivity.
There’s no news yet about the pricing as it will be announced during the MWC tradeshow. One thing’s for sure, though, it will be released in the markets within the second quarter of this year (2015).
Huawei MediaPad X2Specifications
- Classification : Phablet
- Dimension : 183.5 x 103.9 x 7.3 mm, 239g
- Display : 7” LTPS LCD, 1200 x 1920 pixels resolution
- CPU/Chipset :64-bitHisilicon Kirin 930, 2.0GHZ Octacore CPU
- GPU : Mali-T628 MP4
- OS : Android 5.0 Lollipop
- RAM : 2 variants: 2GB and 3GB
- Storage : (internal) 2 variants: 16GB and 32GB; (external) up to 128GB via microSD
- Camera : (primary) 13MP with LED; (front) 5MP
- Battery : 5000mAh, non-removable