iPad Air 2 which was released on October 22 is currently accepting preorders with a promise of shipping the first batch of orders by the end of this week (October 24 or 25). Prices will range from £499 ($801) up to £659 ($1,057). Despite the claims that iPad 2 will be the slimmest tablet of the planet so far has raised some eyebrows, there’s no denying that iPad Air 2 will be the fastest iPad of this day. To know if this claim bears nothing but the truth, here are the specifics of iPad Air 2.
IPad Air 2 Specifications
- Dimension : Height: 9.4 inches (240 mm); Width: 6.6 inches (169.5 mm) Depth: 0.24 inch (6.1 mm); Weight: 0.96 pound (437 g)
- CPU : 1.5GHz A8X chip (triple-core processor);
- OS : iOS8
- Display : 9.7” with 2048 x 1536 pixel resolution; and 264 ppi pixel density
- Camera : (front) 1.2MP FaceTime HD; (primary) 8MP
- Storage : available at 16GB, 64GB and 128GB
- Battery : built-in 27.3 watt-hour lithium-polymer, rechargeable
- Casing : silver, gold and space gray
Facts about iPad Air 2
- High-end materials are used for the external package of iPad Air 2, retaining its simple but elegantly sleek appearance which seems to be the signature of Apple.
- Complex in-cell technology that binds LCD, touch sensor and cover glass layers together. This technology made iPad Air 3 thinner, offering brighter screen and clear picture quality.
- iPad Air 2 chipset houses 3 billion transistors. Hence, it’s 12 times faster than the first iPad.
With the upgrades that Apple has brushed on this latest model, iPad Air 2 indeed proves its claims: the fastest iPad and the sleekest of the lot so far. For more detailed specifications, check iPad Air 2 at: https://www.apple.com/ipad-air-2/specs/.