Know that there’s an alternative in making international calls just in case that you don’t have an internet connection. Say goodbye to sky-high rating of our mobile carriers and say hello to Ringo.
Ringo is a mobile app that can help you connect with your family and loved ones abroad even as you don’t have an internet connection. All you should have is some credit to your account and you can call them anytime you want. What Ringo does is convert the international request dial into a local number.
The rates are remarkably low compared to several calling apps such as Skype, Google Hangouts and Viber. Check this comparison chart of rates and be convinced on how much you can save using Ringo:
- Download Ringo via iTunes (for your iOS device), Google Play Store (for your Android) or Windows Phone.
- Launch the app and you’ll have to input your number and email address before hitting the ‘Next’ button (signified by arrow going right). When you tap on ‘Next,’ it means that you agree to the Terms & Privacy of Ringo.
- You can invite your friends and family to use Ringo. In return, Ringo can give you rewards.
- Dial the number you wish to call or simply select from your contact list. Ringo will provide you the country of your contact, plus the rate per minute of your call.
- After the call, should you wish to check on your account balance, you can do so by visiting ‘account recent’ page. From there, you can check on the call rates and turn on/off and manage ‘auto recharge credits.’ Take note that the ‘earn free credits’ and ‘buy credits’ buttons are also present there.