Oppo launched its newest Android smartphone which is a lesser version of R7. R7 Lite bears the semblance of R7 but has different specifications. The design itself has been applauded by many for a practical and easy grip with flair of artistry. According to the maker, their inspiration for the R7 series is the elegance of the violin.
Checking out R7 Lite has a 5-inch screen display having 720 x 1280 pixels resolution as opposed to the 1080 x 1920 resolution of the original handset; and 2GB RAM in contrast with the original’s 3GB. The positive contrast the lesser R7 has is the latest Android Lollipop and Color OS (now version 2.1).
Inside are Snapdragon 615 with an 8-core processor clocked at 1.7GHz, Adreno 405, 16GB native storage and a 2320 mAh non-removable battery.
Oppo is on its global tour and currently, R7 Lite is on its shining moment in Indonesia. It costs around $279 (in USD) which is $100 less from the price of R7. Interestingly, it goes side by side with the bigger sibling, the R7 Plus which has the price tag starting at $499.
- Android Lollipop 5.1 withColorOS 2.1 UI
- 143 x 71 x 6.3 mm, 147g
- 5-inch HD 2.5D Arc Edge AMOLED display, 720 x 1280 pixels resolution
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Snapdragon 615 1.7GHz Octacore + Adreno 405 GPU
- Supports 4G LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi (802.11 b, g, n) and A-GPS
- 2GB RAM, 16GB storage
- 13MP primary camera with LED flash, 8MP front
- 2320 mAh battery, non-removable