Vivo X5 Max is the current title holder for thinnest smartphone in the planet! The said model has been released since December of last year (2014). Amazingly, the Brazilian mobile maker has pulled this feat without sacrificing much of the hardware specifications. However, X5 Max’s position might not be that long-lived as rumors from the mainland China circulates indicating a local smartphone maker aims for that top position which X5 Max currently sits on.
Ivvi, the said Chinese local, is currently creating a 4.7mm thin smartphone to contest Vivo X5 Max. Surmise to say, it only contests X5 Max by mere 0.05mm difference. Yet the number statistics won’t lie and soon, Ivvi might take the spot. However, there are still no apparent specifications for this alleged model. We are still in the dark when it comes to its battery capacity. With Vivo still in the limelight and has proven itself so far, we can only wait for the release of the contender. Hopefully, its availability will go international so we can better probe it.
Anyway, Vivo X5 Max is still available in the markets at the price of Rs. 32,980 (roughly $525).
Vivo X5 Max Specifications
- Dimension : 153.9 x 78 x 4.8 mm
- Display : 5.5” Super AMOLED, 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution
- CPU/Chipset : Snapdragon 615, 7GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 and 1GHz quad-core Cortex-A53
- GPU : Adreno 405
- OS : Android 4.4.4 Kitkat
- RAM : 2GB
- Storage : (internal) 16GB; (external) up to 128GB via microSD
- Camera : (primary) 13MP; (front) 5MP
- Battery : 2000mAh, non-removable