Xolo has dedicated one of their models, Xolo One (that is still currently powered by KitKat droid), to be powered by the latest Android Lollipop OS. This will make Xolo One as one of the most affordable smartphones in the market to offer Google Lollipop- powered OS. The model is available in red, black white and brown colors. In a budget- friendly price of $105, thrift buyers surely won’t miss this offer.
However, despite the promise of the latest Google service, Xolo One doesn’t seem to meet “great” expectations as it only has 1GB RAM and only runs with 1.3GHZ Quad-core Cortex-A7. Here are the specifications and tips for Xolo One that one should note before purchasing the handset (let you be the judge):
- Dimensions: 128.00 x 64.30 x 9.30 mm
- Form Factor: Touchscreen
- OS: Currently Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat), upgradable to Android Lollipop
- Display: a 4.5” IPS screen of the lowly FWVGA resolution (854 x 480 pixels), pixel density of 218ppi
- Chipset: Mediatek MTK 6582M
- CPU: 1.3GHZ Quad-core Cortex-A7
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal Storage: 8GB
- Camera: (primary) 5MP; (front) 0.3MP
- Battery: (capacity) 1700; (type) removable
- Data Connectivity: Wi-fi, GPS and Bluetooth
- Upgradable to Android Lollipop
- Expandable storage up to 32G
- 2 slots for the SIM
- 1GB RAM
- Not so much here for the selfie fanatics: the front camera only has 0.3MP but at least, the primary has the capacity of 5MP with flash.
- Low battery capacity here but at least it’s removable.
- Limited data connectivity.