After a month since its announcement, ZTE finally launched its much anticipated ZTE Axon in the US soil. The Axon moniker will bear the portfolio of high-end smartphone devices starting with this one. Though the Chinese brand wasn’t able to detail its chosen markets, the handset can be pre-ordered through its own website at the price of $449.98.
ZTE Axon is made of aluminum body with plastic highlights. However, what really certify it as a premium product are the 5.5-inch QHD (1440×2560 pixels)IPS display and the specifications lurking behind it. Inside the metal body are the 64-bit Snapdragon 810 chipset with 8-core processor clocked in 2.0GHz; Adreno 430 GPU; a whooping 4GB RAM; and the latest Android Lollipop 5.1 OS.
The chipset supports various connectivity features such as: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, A-GPS, Wi-Fi, and USB. Additionally, ZTE installed a tandem of uber-cool snappers at the back and up front. The primary one is a duo camera (13MP + 2MP) with dual LED flash, ensuring photo-perfect shots even under poor light conditions. The front-facer has an impressive 8MP sensor that comes with smile-activated feature.
There are only two weakness found in this device piece: the 3000mAh non-removable battery and the very limited 32GB native storage. Sadly there’s no room for expansion since ZTE omitted the microSD card slot that can enable this.
ZTE Axon is available in three different hues: Ion Gold, Chromium Silver, and Phthalo Blue.
- Dimension :154 x 75 x 9.3 mm, 175g
- Display : 5.5” QHD IPS, 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution
- CPU/Chipset :64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810, 2.0GHz Octacore
- GPU :Adreno 430
- OS : Android Lollipop 5.1
- RAM : 4GB RAM
- Storage : (internal) 32GB; (external) none
- Camera : (primary 13MP Duo camera Dual LED; (front) 8MP
- Connectivity : LTE, HSPA (unspecified), HSUPA, EDGE, GPS, A-GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi
- Battery :3000 mAh non-removable