We cannot question the premium smartphones made by Apple, but many of us can only dream of their hottest deals for the meantime. This is where Chinese brands take over as they never fail to give good news for the budget friendly crowd. Revolutionary and up-to-date deals come within reach for a very affordable price. Amongst these native Chinese brands is ZTE and the company has something up to its sleeve this time.
When Meizu unveiled its Blue Charm (M1 Note) made for the mid-ranger set, ZTE followed pursuit by showing off their Blade S6. The model exudes elegance and premium promise with its 5-inch HD laminated display and latest Snapdragon 615 chipset from Qualcomm. Performance is further secured by 2GB RAM, Adreno 405 GPU, Google Lollipop 5.0 OS and most especially… the Octacore processor clocking in 1.7GHz.
Other elements include 16GB ROM with the chance for expansion through microSD slot (a typical feature with Chinese branded handsets). A rear-facing snapper highlights an impressive 13MP and a 5MP front-facer with wide-angle capacity.
Interested? You won’t have to wait for much time as Blade S6 is all ready for its release on February 10 (2015) at the price of $250 (sans contract). The smartphone will also be available in European countries like Spain, Italy, UK, France and Germany.
ZTE Blade S6 Specifications
- Dimension : 144 x 70.7 x 7.7mm
- Display : 5” capacitive touchscreen, 1080×1920 pixels resolution
- CPU/Chipset : 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 8939, 1700 MHz Octacore ARM Cortex-A53
- GPU : Adreno 405
- OS : Google Lollipop 5.0 with MiFavor 3.0 UI
- RAM : 2.05GB
- Storage : (internal) 16GB; (external) with microSD slot for expansion
- Camera : (primary) 13MP with LED flash; (front) 5MP
- Battery : 2400mAh