Making your own raised bed style garden is quite easy, given that you have the necessary building tools and the time for making it. It is very ideal for those quite spacious backyards in your own home.
- 12 pieces 4” x 4” x 10” Wood Posts
- 4 pieces 1” x 48” Wooden Dowels
- Variable speed reversing Drill and 7/8” Drill Bit
- Skill and Miter Saw
- Tape Measure
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Extension Cord (you’re going to work outside your home)
- Get four pieces of 4” x 4” x 10” wood posts and cut them in half by using a Skill Saw. If in case you don’t have one, even a common carpenter’s saw will do. Just make sure that you can cut the wood in equal sizes, though.
- Stack the wooden pieces, notably at four pieces high. Assemble it by getting two longer posts on two sides and two shorter posts in their ends, in a rather staggered fashion. It will somehow look like bricks and hollow blocks being piled up. Secure the pile in place by using the hammer.
- By using the drill and its 7/8” bit, make a straight hole through the four corners of the wooden pieces. Use the vacuum in order to remove the wooden shavings left by the drill.
- Drive a wooden dowel in your newly-made hole by pounding it, locking the wooden pieces in place. Cut the excess dowel by using the saw.
- Repeat steps three and four until you lock all the corners of the wooden pieces in place.
- And finally, move your finished garden box in your desired location before you put soil and plants in it.