Almost every women or girl want to have long and beautiful nails. Sometimes it is not possible to keep and maintain them on a regular basis. This is the reason why fake nails have become popular. These are very easy to use and one can use them whenever they want to have that new look, be it a prom or date night or party night. These nails help get that new and different look altogether. One needs to follow basic steps to apply fake nails and get ready to take the day on their own terms.
- Take off your old nail polish: You will have to take off your old nail polish even if it is clear in order to put the fake nails. Once you remove the nail polish using the acetone wash your nails because they tend to make them dry.
- Soak your nails: Soak your nails in warm water and also add body wash or soap to clean the nails well for about five minutes until they are soft. After which dry your hand and nail with a cloth.
- Trim and file your nails: Trim your nails with a nail scissors, do not trim it very short, keep them a bit long and also file them. This will help the fake nail to stick on well.
- Push back your cuticles: While your nails are still soft from the soak, use a cuticle pusher and push back the cuticle. This way you can make sure that you will be gluing your fake nails to your nails and not to your skin.
- Buff your nails: So that the fake nails will properly stick
- Apply the fake nails
- Give them the shape that you desire by filing them
- You can do a French manicure
- Colour the nails as per your desire and wish to make them look pretty
- Try a nail art pen
There are so many things that you can try with the fake nails and get that sophisticated and party look for the evening or the day.