Tartar is that yellowish (or brownish) hard deposit that builds up on your teeth. It’s actually the hard form of plaque that accumulates as time goes by. Of course, tartar is not good for your teeth as it is the means to tooth decay. Now, if you’re finding visits to your dentist, our article here might just the right advice for you to get rid of tartar right at the premises of your home. Don’t worry, most of the things you need are basic commodities found right inside your house.
Things to Prepare
- Baking soda
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Dental pick
- Antiseptic mouth wash
- Incorporate half tsp. of salt and 1 tbsp of baking soda in a small cup.
- Dip your toothbrush into your cup of warm water.
- Put ample amount of the solution to your toothbrush and start scrubbing your teeth. Continue to do vigorously scrub your teeth for about 5 minutes.
- Blend a cap of hydrogen peroxide and half cup of warm water.
- Gurgle this solution for about one minute, spit and rinse your mouth with cool water.
- Using a professional-graded dental pick, scuff tartar on your teeth but not on your gums.
- Rinse your mouth with antiseptic cleanser.
- Avoid scraping your gums for this will likely cause irritation or damage.
- Steps prior scuffing are observed to soften tartar; thus, the tartar deposit can be easily removed.