During summers not only is the weather really bad and horrible but it also leaves pretty rough marks on your skin. The season may cause heat stroke, fatigue, tiredness, suntan and sunburn. These things cannot be avoided if one is travelling lot outside during the summer season. Sunburn can be very painful and may take days to heal. One should always protect oneself before venturing out in the sun, as people cannot avoid going to work or finishing the task just because it is summer and the scorching sun is blazing down on us.
There are few steps that one can follow to get relief from sunburn:
- Over the counter pain relief: Make it a point to take over the counter medication for pain relief. It will heal the swelling surrounding the sunburn and you will feel a little better. But do not give these medications to children.
- Use of anit-inflammatory paste: Topical application is also one of the best ways. These applications include aloe vera, cortisone cream or other soothing agent will give relief to the sunburnt skin. You can make a paste by making a powder out of aspirin, adding a bit of water to it until it becomes paste like and apply on the affected area.
- Have cool bath or very gentle shower: Once you reach home make it a point to have cool bath which give a lot of relief to your sunburn and it should be gentle also. Avoid using soap. If you have blisters forming on your skin avoid using shower as it may hurt more, increase take a bath.
- Apply cold compression to your skin: It is best to apply cold compression when you have a sunburn. It will make your skin feel much better.
- Last but not the least apply aloe vera: aloe vera is a soothing and cooling agent. It will help you get relief from the sunburn.
Follow some of these basic steps and you will find a huge difference in your sunburn within no time. Now don’t fear of getting burnt in the sun.