Psoriatic Arthritis is classified as one of the conditions that are currently linked to spine arthritis. Psoriatic arthritis must be carefully examined and diagnosed in an early basis in order to apply the right treatment.
These are some things that you should definitely know about Psoriatic Arthritis, though:
- It is also linked with the skin disease Psoriasis. Needless to say, this chronic type of arthritis is experienced by those who have Psoriasis.
- It can affect almost any joint in our bodies once you have it. Psoriatic Arthritis largely affects large joints in our thighs and legs but can also affect the joints in our fingers and toes just like the common arthritis.
- This kind of arthritis can also be hereditary. Tests show the about 40 percent of Psoriatic Arthritis case has a family history of both psoriasis and arthritis. Needless to say, your genes along with environmental factors can increase the chance for you to have it.
- Not all who experience Psoriasis have Psoriatic Arthritis. Even though this type of arthritis is associated with the skin disease, clinical tests show that only fifteen percent of psoriasis patients suffer this one.
- This kind of arthritis can be misdiagnosed as rheumatoid arthritis or gout. This is the primary reason why Psoriatic Arthritis must be diagnosed accurately in the early basis. Due to the fact that treatment for this one is entirely different from the treatment of gout, misdiagnosis is very unacceptable error on the physician’s part.