Are you feeling bloated or somewhat fat today? It’s only natural for us to get conscious of our looks, due to the fact that our looks could somehow affect our overall self-confidence. Feeling or being bloated, in other words, is usually considered as a problem. And the truth is, not only women get conscious of this feeling; most of the men nowadays also feel the same way.
There are many factors to consider when it comes to being bloated. Even though most of us think that we become bloated because we’re eating too much, factors such as hormone imbalance and your body’s ability to break down and utilize food and water intake must be considered also.
Listed below are the things that you must do in order to relieve your bloated appearance, especially if you want to regain that slim body and lost confidence:
- Refrain from chewing any kind of gum. Scientific studies have shown that chewing gum, especially bubble gums are known to make good bacteria in our intestines produce more intestinal gas. In addition to this, we also take in some air whenever we chew and that air gives us a bloated appearance when combined along with excess intestinal gas. Needless to say, you must refrain from chewing those.
- Only eat enough food. The main reason why most of us get bloated is because of the fact that most of us are overeating. It’s only okay for us to eat whenever we get hungry because it’s our body’s way of saying that it really needs more energy. However, we must know how to stop eating whenever our stomach tells us that it’s already full.
- Avoid eating too much ‘gassy’ foods. Gassy foods aren’t foods that belong in a whole new category. It is the kinds of foods that make the good bacteria in your intestines produce more gas. And when it comes to this, peanuts and other kinds of legumes are known to have that ‘gassy’ quality.
- Avoid eating allergy-inducing foods. Most of us already know the fact that allergies will definitely give you a bloated appearance aside from constant itching. If you think that there are certain foods that trigger your allergies (in case you have one), you must make sure that you don’t eat those foods again.
- Drink more water every day. Most of us think that it’s enough for us to drink at least six to eight glasses of water per day. The truth is, six to eight glasses is only the ideal amount that scientists recommend in order to keep your body going. However, if you want to flush toxins and waste materials out of your body as much as possible, you must drink more than eight glasses of water every day.