One of the most coveted careers by Indian girls is being an air hostess. The job is exciting, making you meet various people from around the globe like celebrities, business tycoons and even royalties. Not only that, the pay is good and the job gets you into the different parts of the world.
Despite the perks and the tad touch of glamour, being an air hostess isn’t something that you can dub as a child’s play. The job demands great responsibility, patience and humility. An air hostess must greet and smile to everyone to let them feel comfortable. They must put the passengers’ security and comfort as number one in their list.
If you are interested to become a full-fledged air hostess, then consider the following eligibility criteria:
- Of 18-25 years of age
- Should have achieved 12th pass and/ or a college graduate who majored in Hotel Management and Tourism
- Proportional weight and height, with minimum height of 157.5 cm
- Preferably unmarried
- Fluent in Hindi and English (knowledge in other foreign language is a plus)
- Normal eyesight of 6/6 uncorrected (for both eyes)
- Indian passport bearer
- Must have a pleasing personality
- Must have clear complexion, good health and must be physically fit
Examination and Training
When the airline company is done with the screening process, it will call all the chosen applicants for a written examination that usually contains objective-type questions. As the candidate passes the examination, a panel discussion ensues afterwards and is concluded by a personal interview. Passers will be trained for the duration of 3-6 months (for short duration) or a long-term course of one (1) whole year.
The following Indian training institutes offer certificate, diploma and degree programmes to make your dream into a reality:
- Air Hostess Academy
- Rai University
- Livewel Academy
- Indian Institute of Aircraft Engineering
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training
The salary varies from one Airline Company to another. It ranges between Rs. 16,000 to 75,000 but some of the domestic airlines offer minimum start-up of Rs. 25,000. Senior positions in domestic airlines can reach for up to Rs. 50,000 to 75,000. Meanwhile international airlines offer for as much as Rs. 100,000 to 200,000 in senior position.