It is not easy for everybody to buy an air condition to enjoy the coolness during summer. There are different ways by which one can keep cool without the use of air conditioner. This can be done by making simple changes in your lifestyle. The following are the changes.
- Get a fan for your room: A fan on low setting can keep a light breeze blowing across your room.
- Get a water bed: A water bed is like an air mattress. It absorbs heat far more than air.
- Use silk or satin pillow cases: These fabrics will feel smoother and cooler as you sleep.
- Just add water: The relief is almost immediate, and will last upto one hour or more. During summers one should drink water frequently. Your body will feel cooler if you are hydrated. Get a cheap spray bottle. Fill it with water and spray it on your exposed skin to get that chill effect. Go for a swim, hit the swimming pool and unwind. Fill your bath tub with cool water and get in. be inside the water till it is cool, once it is back to normal temperature add some more cool water. The longer you stay in it your body will be cooler for a longer time. Preferably put ice for immediate effect.
- Dress appropriately: Wear summer clothing which will be loose and will be airy. Wear light colours as dark colours will absorb more heat. If the heat is extreme cover yourself up. It is best to cover up if there is scorching heat as it will keep you cool.
- Alter your diet: Eat all cooler things. Eat fruits which are stored in the fridge. Use cucumbers. A thin piece of cucumber kept on your forehead feels good in a hot day.
- Lie down on the floor: It will feel nice.
- Keep your house cool
Doing all of the above will make you have a good summer where in you can avoid the heat and can feel a bit more cooler even without air conditioner