Halloween is just right around the corner and there’s no cooler way of getting your kid stood up among the crowd of tricksters than making the costume of his favorite ‘friendly neighborhood’ Marvel character… Spiderman! Here’s how you create the blue and red costume:
Step One: Shop what you need.
- Red and blue costume (will serve as a base)
- Window mesh
- Acrylic or spray paint
- Spiderman lenses (available online, too!)
- 16 oz. of black puffy paint
- Pair of running shoes
- Pair of scissors/ cutter
- Aluminum foil
Step Two: Action!
- Start with those running shoes. Cut off the top part leaving only the soles, front and back tips.
- Paint the red and blue suit you acquired. Lay one side in a flat surface and put your puffy paint into action. Let the painted surface dry for at least two hours and proceed into painting the other side after the first one dries up.
- Pain the mesh using acrylic or spray paint.
- Put together the mesh and lenses using glue. Let it dry for a while and proceed into gluing it to the mask.
- You choose between sewing and gluing the suit to the soles.
- Make necessary adjustments for the costume to skin- fit.
Step Three: Accessorize.
- If you don’t have a metal bracelet, improvise using an available one. Cover it nicely with aluminum foil.
- Get the straw and do the same. Attach ring at the end of the straw and attach the straw to the bracelet. This will serve as the web-shooter.
- Voila! You have the complete Spiderman costume.