At times, praying or talking to God can be a difficult and daunting task. The good thing is that all hope is not lost just relax and be yourself. You should not use those long and or fancy words just be precise and honest. This is because God already knows what you want from him and again to add on He knows you inside out. Quoting the book of Romans that says, “We do not know how to pray as we should, but the spirit intercedes” Romans 8:26.
The following are a few steps on how to pray:
Create the time: it is true that you can pray at any time, but it is also wise to choose the specific time of prayer. This is because you when you are, you need to be at a place where you are not disturbed or may be interrupted.
Find a quiet room or space: when praying you should ensure that you are alone, you can also close your eyes if that is necessary. The book of Mathew says, “When you pray, go into your inner room and pray to your father in secret and the father who see will reward you. (Mathew 6:6-9)
Relax and just be you: it is not a must that you use those kinds of fancy and long words. This is because God knows your needs even before you ask for them, so don’t use those complicated sentences when praying. You need to be very honest and Open to God, tell Him things just the way they are.
Structure your prayer: expressing your thoughts can be difficult when you have a lot to say, you may not know even where and how to start. The good news is that you can apply this method that is known as a five finger. Here is the five finger method:
• The thumb: start with this because it is close to the heart. So when you pray started with those who is close to you that is your family and friends.
• The forefinger: this finger is normally used for pointing, so when you pray, pray for those who wish you well or points you in the right direction.
• The middle finger: since it the tallest, it means you should pray for those who are in authority.
• The ring finger: it is stated as the weak finger, so pray for those who are in need of your prayer.
• The little finger: finally you should pray for yourself and commit your worries to God.