Do you intend your Valentine’s day to be romantic but with the added factor of your personal touch? Try this Hugs and Kisses (XO) wreath to make your day with your partner extra special.
What You Need
- 2 cereal boxes, large
- Marker, black
- Scissors or cutter
- Duct tape, red
- Newspaper or tissue paper
- Silk (polyester) rose petals
- Glue gun and glue stick
- Foam core or Balsa wood
- Get your cereal boxes for these will be the base of your wreath. You should use these boxes in order to economize your budget and the dimensions will give an added effect.
- Get your black marker and ruler and draw an X on one of the cereal boxes you have. It should have 3 inches width. Do the same at the back of the cereal box, making an identical X in the process.
- Cut both X with your cutter or pair of scissors, leaving the top and bottom flaps to make the two X still connected.
- Make an O on the other box, keeping in mind the 3-inch width. Make sure that you have that hole in the middle of your O. Do the same at the back of the box. Then cut, sparing the flaps.
- Using your duct tape, cover the letters including their sides.
- Before sealing off the last open side of the letters, stuff tissues or old newspapers inside. The stuffing will give your letters form. Then close off the remaining side.
- Glue the petals using your glue gun and glue stick, making an overlapping style as you progress. Cover the façade and sides but leave the back.
- Attach two pieces of inch-thick foam core or balsa wood (available in any craft store) across the back of both letters. If you want, you can also ensure support by using the duct tape.
- Finally, show off your wreath in your desired place. Enjoy your special romance on Valentine’s Day!