Nowadays, there are many advances in almost every aspect of technology, including applying makeup itself. Whether you’re a man or a woman, you must be already aware that aside from the usual lipstick and foundation, other kinds of makeup are now in existence. One of these is none other than concealer itself.
Concealer, just as its name suggests is made to conceal dark spots, eyebags and blemishes in a person’s face. It is also used by women to make sure that they look fresh the whole day. It’s not just made for women, though. Even men, especially celebrities are using makeup and concealers in order to hide their eyebags and wrinkles as well.
When it comes to applying concealers, there are a few things that you must remember in order to make sure that you benefit from its use:
- Choose the right kind of concealer. Depending on your profession and your place of work, you must make sure that you choose the right kind of concealer. As of now, at least three kinds of concealers are widely used, namely: Liquid, Creamy and Stick Concealers. Liquid concealers are known to work well for most skin types and are often used to conceal dark spots and blemishes near the mouth since it doesn’t crease. Creamy concealers are used mostly to cover dark circles around our eyes. Stick concealers, on the other hand, are used to cover wrinkles, blemishes and acne scars in the face.
- Choose the right concealer color for your skin tone. You must make sure that you’re using a concealer that is at least two shades lighter than your foundation in order to make sure that it won’t show up.
- Using concealer to cover dark circles around the eyes. When using the concealer to cover dark circles around your eyes, you must use a flat concealer brush to evenly apply the concealer. Make sure that you apply it thinly so that it won’t crease whenever you close your eyes.
- Using concealer when correcting facial discolorations. When you’re trying to hide discolorations on your face, make sure that you’re using a creamy concealer. Make sure that you apply it thinly so that it won’t show up even if you put some foundation on.
- Using concealer to cover facial blemishes. Hiding facial blemishes such as acne scars can be downright difficult so you must use a stick concealer and apply it using a small synthetic brush.