A body wrap gel can detoxify, slim and moisturize your body. It can also provide your skin a healthy dose of minerals. While many can afford many expensive body wrap gels, you really don’t have to spend those bucks just to achieve the same results. The answer: make yourself a homemade one.
The blend of the main ingredients (namely the clay, aloe, oil and sea salt) will help remove toxins and excess fluid rendering your skin clean.
- ½ cup of natural clay
- ¼ cup of aloe vera gel
- ¼ cup of castor oil
- 2 tbsp. of sea salt (or Epsom salt)
- Wooden or glass bowl (not metal as it will deactivate the benefits of clay)
- Wooden spoon
- Large towel
- Mix the clay with sea salt in a wooden or glass bowl. The clay will draw the toxins out of your body. Meanwhile, the sea salt will give your body the natural minerals it needs. Epsom salt, on the other hand, is a good source of magnesium.
- Add the castor oil which is good to fight bloating and toning down your body. You can heat the oil and expand its effectiveness as it detoxifies the liver and help your skin.
- Add the aloe vera gel and stir the mixture using the wooden spoon. If the consistency of the mixture is too thick, you can add a bit of water until you attain a smooth consistency.
- You can now apply a thin layer of body wrap gel to your skin starting with your feet and legs until your reach your arms and hands.
- Wrap up using a large towel and relax for about an hour.
- After an hour or so, rinse off with warm water and apply moisturizer.
- You can substitute castor oil with hydrating oils such as coconut, olive or almond oils.
- Do not use castor oil when you are pregnant or menstruating.
- Aloe vera helps in reducing swelling and inflammation, and keeps your skin clear and healthy.