Do you want to look more stunning during your year-end party? Putting it simply, women should wear makeup in a way that will make you look glamorous and elegant, especially in the eyelids. And among the makeup styles when it comes to eyelids, the nighttime smoky eye style is becoming more popular these days. This is due to the fact that, given the right color and shade, this makeup style will give you a more professional and elegant look.
Whether you believe it or not, creating a nighttime smoky eye can be done in four easy steps, provided that you have some knowledge when it comes to the color and shade that will suit you. And to create this one, you’re going to need the following:
- Smoky Eye Color Palette (light, medium or dark shade is also acceptable)
- Eye Shadow Primer
- Dark Metallic Shadow (optional)
- Silver Eye Shadow (optional)
- Black Gel Shadow (optional)
- Concealer Brush
- Blending Brush
- Smudge Brush or Small Powder Brush
- Eye Shadow Brush
- Blending Brush
- Begin by priming your eyelids using the eye shadow primer. Using a concealer brush, apply a small amount of primer to your eyelid and lower eyelash line. The purpose of using the primer is to make sure that you can apply the shadow to a smooth surface. It will also make the shadow last longer.
- Using the eye shadow brush, apply some eye shadow palette starting from the inner corners of your eye up to the entire eyebrow arch.
- Next, draw a line at the outer corner of your lash line using the blending brush and the darkest shade in your color palette and work it down to your eyelid’s outermost edge. Make sure that you decrease your pressure so that the outermost part of your eyelid will get a lesser amount of shade. Spread the color in the brow area and under the eyelash line to soften the edges.
- Last, take your eyeshadow brush apply a dark metallic shadow on the inner half of your eyelid and lower eyelash line. Using either a smudge or small powder brush, soften and smoothen out the remaining sharp lines or edges to achieve that smoky look.
Additional Tip: You can further improve that smoky look by applying mascara and using a pair of false eyelashes.