- Name : Arjen Robben
- Birthday : January 23, 1984
- Nationality : Dutch (from Medum, Netherlands)
- Occupation : Football Player (Winger)
- Height : 5 ft. 11 in. (180 cm)
- Years Active : 1989- present
- 1989-1996 vv Bedum (Youth Career)
- 1996- 2000 Groningen (Youth Career)
- 2000-2002 Groningen (Senior Career)
- 2002- 2004 PSV (Senior Career)
- 2004- 2007 Chelsea (Senior Career)
- 2007- 2009 Real Madrid (Senior Career)
- 2009- Bayern Munich (Senior Career)
- 1999 Netherlands U15
- 1999-2000 Netherlands U16
- 2000 Netherlands U17
- 2001- 2002 Netherlands U19
- 2001- 2003 Netherlands U21
- 2003 Netherlands
Arjen Robben, a Dutch professional football player, plays for the German club, Bayern Munich. He is also the captain of the Netherlands National Team and has appeared in various major football competitions such as the UEFA European Championships in 2004, 2008 and 2012; and the FIFA World Cups in 2006, 2010 and 2014. Most of the time, he is a forward who plays as a left or right-sided winger. He’s popular for his speed, crossing ability, dribbling skills and accurate left foot long- distance shots from the right wing.
Robben’s debut in Chelsea got delayed due to an injury but after recuperating, he helped the team bring home two consecutive Premier League titles. He was hailed as the FA Premier League Player of the Month in November, 2005. After his third season in the English team, where he exited with yet another injury, he transferred to the Spanish Real Madrid for €35 million.
In the August of 2009, he transferred to Bayern Munich for an estimated fee of €25 million. He scored two goals on his debut and during his first season in the team, Bayern won the league title. It was Robben’s fifth league title within 8 years, with him scoring the winning goal in the 2013 UEFA Champions League Final. He was also hailed as Footballer of the Year in Germany during his first season with Bayern. In 2014, The Guardian ranked Arjen Robben as the fourth best footballer in the world.