To those who didn’t know, cricket is the English Version of Baseball and is the second most popular sport in the whole world. This game is done by letting the batsman hit the ball delivered by the bowler away from the fielders so he can score a run. In order for the batsman not to score such a run, the bowler must deliver the ball fast enough before the batsman could ever react. Bowlers that can accomplish such a feat are also recorded and ranked along with each other.
Cricket is also played here in India. As a matter of fact, these are the top five bowlers that have delivered the fastest bowls in Indian Cricket History.
- #5: Ashish Nehra – Being a wonder in the start of his career, Ashish Nehra was able to deliver fearsome cricket balls at 90-km/h mark. After touching the 149.5 mph mark during the 2003 World Cup in Zimbabwe, Nehra delivered a whopping 149.7 mph or 93 km/h seven days later.
- #4: Umesh Yadav – Being a former single-ball wonder himself, Umesh Yadav delivers cricket balls at 150 mph at a regular basis. During the Sri Lanka’s away ODI Series, he had delivered 152.2 mph or 94.5 km/h-speed balls.
- #3: Varun Aaron – Widely known in India as the ‘Speedster’, Aaron bowled one of the fastest balls in Indian Domestic Ranji Trophy Cricket. During the 2015 India Sri Lanka Series, he bowled this ball at 152.5 mph for India, therefore making his the 3rd Fastest Ball in Indian Cricket History.
- #2: Ishant Sharma – Being one of the tallest Cricket bowling talents, Ishant Sharma had gathered International Attention when he delivered 152.6 mph or 94.8 km/h balls against Australia during the ODI part of CB Series last February 17, 2008.
- #1: Javagal Srinath – Being the Indian who had delivered the fastest ball in an International Stage, Javagal Srinath is definitely the top one in our list. During the part of 1999 World Cup, Srinath had bowled cricket balls at 96 km/h or 154.5 mph mark.