- Name : Sergio Ramos Garcia
- Birthday : March 30, 1986
- Nationality : Spanish (Camas, Spain)
- Height : 6 ft. (183 cm)
- Occupation : Football Player (Defender)
- Years Active : 1996- present
- 1996- 2003 Sevilla (Youth Career)
- 2003- 2004 Sevilla B (Senior Career)
- 2004- 2005 Sevilla (Senior Career)
- 2005- Real Madrid (Senior Career)
- 2002 Spain U17 (National Team)
- 2002 Spain U19 (National Team)
- 2004 Spain U21 (National Team)
- 2005- Spain (National Team)
Sergio Ramos is an excellent footballer with strong points in leadership and defense, being an aggressive tackler. His prowess in pace, technical ability, crossing ability and good distribution makes him as one of the toughest goal threat on set-pieces. Even Real Madrid’s former Carlo Ancelotti compared Ramos to the legendary defender Paolo Maldini. According to the official records of FIFA, Ramos bears the sprinting speed record of 30.6 kilometers per hour. However, he is not without fault as he is dubbed to be one of the most criticized due to his lack of discipline. He even holds the record of the most red cards by a Real Madrid player.
Ramos started his career in Sevilla FC through its youth program. He debuted on the February 1, 2004 as the 64th minute substitute for Francisco Gallardo in a game against Deportivo de La Coruna. In the same year, he made it to the prestigious Spain’s under-21 for whom he was able to play six international matches. When he was only 18 (almost 19) he played for the senior side in a friendly match against China in Salamanca. This fact made him the youngest player to play in the national team for the last 55 years.
Ramos is currently in relationship with journalist and presenter, Pilar Rubio. Rubio gave birth to their first child on May 6, 2014.