When the first swift and sexy Audi S6 was launched in 2013, it had immediately secured a spot in our top ten cars list. Even though newer vehicles have outranked the mid-sized Audis, the 2016 Audi S6, however, is definitely an exemption. With its styling update and additional 30 horsepower in its engine, it had secured a place in our list (and our hearts as well) once again.
The 2016 Audi S6’s engine, which is a 4-liter, twin-turbocharged V-8, is now available from 5800 to 6400 rpm, therefore outmuscling the previous S6. Even though that the car carries an additional 134 pounds than the previous one, the car’s overall weight is still impressive. When equipped with its optional S6 Sport package, this will also bring adjustable steering effort, rear-axle torque-vectoring system and a sport exhaust. The Auto and Dynamic modes are also firmer.
Just like most Audis, the car’s exquisitely assembled interior looks as professional and as antiseptic as an operating table, especially at night. However, the premium feel is firm yet supremely comfortable because of its diamond-quilted seats and racy carbon-look dash trim. The MMI system, being one of the best infotainment setups in business, is enhanced with 4G LTE data streaming, INRIX online traffic information, internet radio streaming and Apple Siri Eye-Free integration.
- Category : Premium Sports Sedan
- Engine : twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 32-valve V-8
- Transmission : 7-speed dual-clutch automatic with manual shifting mode
- Drivetrain : 4WD
- Power : 450 hp @ 6400 rpm
- Torque : 406 lb-ft @ 1400 rpm
- 0-60 mph : 9 seconds
- Top Speed : (governor limited) 153 mph
- Mileage : (city/highway) 18/27 mpg; (c/d observed) 17 mpg
- Price : Starting at $71,825 to $80,775 (as tested)